ancient bridge that connects Abdullahpur and Panam villages is
widely known as Eter Pool or Brick Pool of Phulghata.
According to Historian Jogendranath Gupta, Maharaj Haribarma was
sworn in as the king of Vikrampur in 1127 AD. Sukhbaspur, a village
lying west of Rampal was the capital of Haribarma. It was the wish
of the Mother of the king to visit Kashi on foot from
the capital of Haribarma. As a mark of respect to her mother, King
Haribarma built two beautiful brick bridges in 1127 AD. One was
on the canal of Mirkadim and another one was on the canal of Taltola.
Along with these two bridges, the king also built a road en route
the middle of the 19th century the bridge of Taltola was eroded
by the river Dhaleswari. But the bridge on the canal of Mirkadim
under Abdullahpur moujah that dates back to 800 years still bearing
its grandeur presence. The bridge having 3 columns on either side
is 173 ft. in length. The middle column is 28 ft. in height. The
width of the bridge is 14 ft.
Added 01082005 @ 1719 GMT